Monday, December 3, 2012

Puppy Chow Dessert

I have had this dessert from other people and, just being honest, NONE of them compare to the way my amazing mother taught me to make it.



Here is the recipe for the yummy deliciousness that we lovingly call Puppy Chow.

Ingredients
1 stick butter or margarine
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
powdered sugar
crispix cereal
++ and yes that is a massive container of peanut butter... we go through a lot of peanut butter!

In large stock pot melt butter, choc chips, and peanut butter.
Remove from heat and slowly add box of crispix while mixing good and slow until all are well covered.
Take a paper grocery bag and cover bottom of bag with powdered sugar.
Pour crispix mix on top of sugar. Generously cover that with more powdered sugar. (This is the step where I think people just aren't generous enough. And that is what makes ours so good.)
Roll down bag and slowly shake contents of bag until all is covered.

Now enjoy the amazingness of it. And share if you can. :)

If you know what this is but have a different name for it leave me a comment and let me know what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment