Sunday, December 23, 2012

Crack Crackers - Cuz they are addicting like crack! ;)

These crackers are ADDICTING so I am letting you know in advance!


They are extremely easy to make and you can decide how spicy you want them.

In a XL bag (I have three gallon freezer bags in stock so I used one of those), or a large container of any kind....

1 cup canola, olive, or vegetable oil (feel free to add up to 1/2 cup more oil if you want to do more crackers)
2-3 Tbsp red pepper flakes (I use about 2 tbsp since my parents and kids eat it)
1 packet ranch dressing mix

Place these items in the bag and mix. Then add about 4 sleeves of crackers*. Shake, turn, whatever to your container until the crackers are covered. Lay down for about 20 minutes, then flip to other side. I just continue doing that until the crackers eventually suck up all the oil. 

They are instantly ready to eat, but taste a bit better after some of the oil is gone.

*Here is where you can really get creative. In the pic I used one sleeve of multigrain crackers, one whole box of mini saltine crackers, and half a box of four cheese cheese its. You really can use just about any type of cracker out there and it is going to turn out great.

(I also just made a pineapple cheese roll and they are perfect to eat with this. The spicy cracker really goes well with the pineapple cream cheese. I will post that recipe soon too.)

Now... I just want to end this by saying DON'T make these crackers if you are alone. You will sit and eat the entire thing over a few days and it isn't healthy. haha ;)

They are addicting like crack which is why I call them Crack Crackers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment