Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Dish: Potatoes, Chicken, Green Beans

My sweet kids helped make dinner tonight. Zarek cut the potatoes, Zander prepped the chicken, and Jacinda melted the butter.

The recipe called for a whole stick of butter. I went ahead and followed that... But it was a bit buttery in the end. Still tasted great, but I will try cutting the butter in half next time to try. 

I also had a bunch of potatoes and used one can of green beans. Next time I will use fresh green beans because they were so moist I think fresh ones would be great (and I will do more too!).

This one was very simple, easy to clean since all in one dish, and it was SO good.

 




One Dish: Potatoes, Chicken, Green Beans (serves 4-6 people)
4 to 6 chicken breast $5.43  
  fresh green beans (or one can) $0.99  
  red potatoes $1.00  
1 packet of italian dressing seasonings $1.49  
1 stick of butter (melted) $0.89  
  TOTAL COST OF MEAL $9.80  
  Place chicken along center of 9x13 dish.  
  Place green beans on one side and potatoes  
  along the other side of chicken.  
  Sprinkle italian dressing over top of all of it.  
  Pour butter over all of it.  
  Cover in foil.  
  Place in preheated oven at 350 for 60 minutes.  
       




No comments:

Post a Comment